On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar <
chambilketha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> you didn't look hard.
> that IMHO wont help in implementing scheduling algorithm

Start you literature survey with two points 1) Open source and the Linux
kernel and understand your distro because there your tools come packaged in
some meaningful manner. These are gcc, ld, as, and many libraries for
specific purposes etc. 2) Go for understanding how different functions work
in harmony at the kernel level. These can be file system, process management
and scheduling, and memory management the toughest because it highly depends
on the understanding of the hardware architecture and what hardware
facilities are supported.