Just a correction..."*newsize" is inside ipc_rcu_alloc. I want to understand
how memory will be allocated and what's the role of *newsize?

"newsize" is an int holding the value 128.

-Govindraj

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:38:34 +0530  wrote

>Hi,

While going through the code of IPC semaphore implementation, I encountered a
statement:

new = ipc_rcu_alloc(sizeof(struct kern_ipc_perm *)*newsize +sizeof(struct
ipc_id_ary))

I am not able to understand how memory will be allocated by the above
statement. Inside the sizeof() operator why do we need "*newsize"? how does
size of interprets *newsize?

-Govindraj