Here is a pretty good list of papers on the topic of cloud computing.  I
have found it very useful and informative.

I would skip over the first few papers, they are mostly on how cloud
computing is now cost effective.  I would suggest you start with the Google
File System topic.

http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~cs670/schedule.html

--
Ryan Moore