Hi Joel,

> You need to be clear with yourself on the meaning and the

> types/differences of different contexts first, because its really
> confusing when you say "kernel context (not interrupt)".

Could you, please be a little more specific about what is confusing?
As this is learning ground it would be nice (as learning exercise)
to explain and give a definition of various OS contexts. This will help
me to remove the confusion. I would be the first to thank you for that.

> would be good to read up a little more on this and then come back and
> ask more questions.

Do you have any specific reading suggestions in mind ?

Best,
Stephan.