Hi,

        I am facing a peculiar behaviour on Kernel version 2.6.34.1 (
http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v2.6.34.1).

       For my experimentation I just wanted to use the following two kernel
functions in my Kernel module

        1. find_task_by_vpid  (
http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v2.6.34.1/kernel/pid.c#L388)
        2. irq_to_desc  (
http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v2.6.34.1/kernel/irq/handle.c#L138)

           Since these two functions are not exported by the Kernel, I
exported these functions, built the kernel and used in my kernel module.
         When I compiled, I got a warning  *"WARNING: "irq_to_desc"
[/root/prabhu/KernelPrograms/irq/kmod.ko] undefined!"*
         and when I inserted the module, I got error saying *"kmod: Unknown
symbol irq_to_desc"*

         When I checked the object file *pid.o*, I found that *
find_task_by_vpid* was placed in the *Relocation section '.rel__ksymtab' *and

         when I checked the object file *handle.o *I* *found that *
irq_to_desc* was *not* placed in the *Relocation section '.rel__ksymtab'*.

        Please help me in resolving this problem.

Regards
Prabhu