"page", I believe, you are refering to struct page.

kmap is a kernel function which takes in the parameter struct page pointer
and returns kernel virtual address.
On a typical x86 machine with 1GB RAM, kmap works like this.
If the struct page is associated with the physical page less than 896 MB,
then kmap simply adds the PAGE_OFFSET - 0xC0000000 to the physical address
(VA = PA + PAGE_OFFSET) and returns , because in a typcial 3G/1G partition
of the linear virtual address space, first 896MB of the kernel virtual
address is directly mapped to the physical address. I
If the struct page is associated with physical page in the HIGHMEM region
i.e. > 896 MB, then it will map this physical page to the kernel virtual
address, generally named vmalloc address region or non-contiguous address
region and then returns this virtual address

Regards,
Prabhu