Hi all,

Probably, I should ask my quesiton on some SPI dedicated mailing lists,
however, the borders of "newbiness" are hard to estimate.

As I can see, most SPI controller drivers currently attempting to control CS
(SS) line by themselves, usually enabling it just before spi_message
processing and disabling after it. Therefore, all transfers within a message
are going as one atomic transaction.

However, what should I do, if device requires CS to be triggered to active
state and remained active until device will trigger IRQ, indicating that it
awoke and ready for transaction?

I presume, that I need some kind of manual CS control. How does it fit into
general SPI subsystem paradigm and how I can implement it?

--
Best regards,
Sergii Kovalchuk