On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, shivanth m p wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Wouter Simons <l...@woutersimons.org>
> wrote:
>       On 10/11/2010 05:20 PM, shivanth m p wrote:
>       > I created a kernel module for the 2.6.33 kernel outside the
>       kernel
>       > source directory . When i give the make command it says
>       > Nothing to be done for /root/mydrivers
>       >
>       > Here's my makefile
>       >
>       >  obj-m +=mydiver.o
>       > modules :
>       >              make -C ..kerndev/linux-2.6/  M=$(PWD) modules
> Don't you mean ../kerndev instead of ..kerndev ;-)

  at the risk of sounding a little self-serving, i provide a fairly
detailed recipe for writing and running your first kernel module here:

http://crashcourse.ca/introduction-linux-kernel-programming/introduction-linux-kernel-programming

  the first few lessons in that course are completely free and have
been extensively tested.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca