From: Jeffrey Altman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 11:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Kevin Koch; kfwdev@mit.edu
Subject: Re: WIX GUID question

Danny Mayer wrote:
Kevin Koch wrote:
When I install from the .msi or .exe on a bare XP SP2 VM, msvc*80*.* are
not
installed.  Where/how is CL1400 / CL_1400 supposed to be defined?

Kevin
You ship the redistributable vcredist_x86.exe which the client needs to install. Your installer can just run it.

Danny
That is how the NSIS installer would do it but not the MSI. For the MSI we use merge modules.