Sergei Shtylyov wrote:  [Sat May 19 2007, 02:54:00PM EDT]
> Jason Wessel wrote:
>
> > This patch is committed in the linux2_6_21_uprev branch across:
> > core-lite.patch core.patch i386-lite.patch x86_64-lite.patch
>
>     BTW, what's the reason we *still* have both
> {core|i386|ia64|powerpc|x86_64}-lite.patch and
> core{core|i386|ia64|powerpc|x86_64}.patch? Why not just merge them?
>
> > Jason.
>
> WBR, Sergei
Well I thought that core related patches weren't destined for mainline.
At least I think that was the objective in 2006. For ia64, a coworker
attempted to use Jason's git repository. The details aren't
known to me, but he wasn't successful. The ia64.patch in core would
cause significant resistance when attempting to go up stream. So please
withdraw it from inclusion in the git tree.

The patch primarily supports enabling breakpoints shortly after entering
setup_arch. It has doubtful usefulness to others.

thanks,

bob