Hi,

On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 8:35 AM ton1ght via Kgdb-bugreport
<kgdb-bugreport@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am sorry to bother you but I am very frustrated because i cannot get a
> cross debugging setup working (x86 Linux host and ARM Linux target). The
> setup works "a little bit", but as soon as i encounter a specific instruction
> the board just hangs and gets unresponsive. Do you have an idea what is wrong
> with my setup?
>
> I have a detailed description of the problem right here:
> https://pastebin.com/xLEZmYHk
> or here
> (formatted):https://www.reddit.com/r/gdb/comments/1djkj80/kgdb_for_arm/

Sounds like you're hitting single stepping problems. Those are known
broken. You could see Sumit's most recent patch series for this,
though (if I remember correctly) there are some corner cases that it
doesn't handle properly and ARM guys say we need a rewrite of a bunch
of stuff to get it working. Nobody at ARM has had time to do this...

Sumit's most recent patch series that I'm aware of:

https://lore.kernel.org/r/20230202073148.657746-1-sumit.g...@linaro.org