On 02/19/2012 10:58 AM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> Wow, I the bzr log today, and I was surprised. Good work mr Dick.
>
> I compiled and started using this version, I will let you know (even try to
> fix,
> -probably that's too early for me-) if I find something.

Thanks for the testing.  If you find anything new that you suspect is a result
of this
massive edit, I will try and fix the code ASAP.  But I need to be informed to
do this.

> I will also try to branch, and add some hotkey to enter/exit the high
> contrast mode
> while routing, which seems a
> reasonable task for my current knowledge about kicad's internal design .

Several tips I might offer:

*) Please read the coding standards document in
Documentation/coding_style_policy.pdf

*) Jean-Pierre recently added a right click popup menu choice to "hide all
copper layers
except the current one".  The origins of this are obviously in
PCB_LAYER_WIDGET, but I am
uncertain that you want to call a function in this class to do the same thing.
I doubt it.

We do want to keep the layer widget and the layer combo box in synchronization
with what
is actually in play.
So that is one of your challenges.

Normally the layer widget drives the settings in the data model "UI drives
model".
However there are a couple of exceptions.  One is immediately after loading a
new BOARD.
Here we set the layer widget in response to the data model, i.e. backwards
"model drives
UI".  See function PCB_EDIT_FRAME::syncRenderStates() which works backwards
"model drives
UI", not "UI drives model".

We do not have a function syncVisibleLayers() which would likewise work
backwards.  Such a
function may be needed, and would need to be used in conjunction with
PCB_EDIT_FRAME::syncLayerWidget() which probably needs a better name that
focuses on the
"selected layer".