> Kicad is currently a moving target.  The team doesn't provide "stable" builds
> and the
> whole system is liable to blow up at any time.

Yep, that is by choice.  This is where the users get to pay me by being
testers.  That way
I can actually use the software.  Because when I cannot use the software, then
I go away,
and you lose a significant engine of improvement.

Even with this, the equation is not fair, and that's why am ending my
contributions after
milestone C).

> It is even worse if one uses the "cloud-based" libraries which are under
> dynamic
> mutation.

Not too bad if you read the manual.  First, footprints are stored in your
board, so the
copy you became dependent on is there until you change it.

Secondly, and I assume you are using the GITHUB plugin, there is the COW
support to
address this. Simply setup COW, and save your footprint in the library editor.
This then
will prioritize that version over any mods in the GITHUB repo.  Later you can
come back
through and collect all the COW footprints and literally copy the files into
your own
pretty library, about once a year.  Library management couldn't be easier.

As far as support goes, if there was enough demand for a corporate subscription
fee, my
company would be willing to make a profit offering a stable version, phone
support, and
anything else that might offer value, so long as it was profitable and other
than a
lopsided, economically ridiculous bad idea that it is now.

Anyone interested in that please send me a personal email and mention what
you'd be
willing to pay annually.  You asked for it, you said Allegro has this, this is
your chance
to provide it for KiCad.