On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 08:15:44AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> I think we need to save that footprint in the PROJECT.  Maybe put it there
> upon wxFrame
> destruction, and go get it upon wxFrame creation.  That makes it project
> specific.

Wouldn't be better if the footprint were standalone? Footprints at the
end 'starts' in the libraries and 'ends' on a board (project). I'd say
the footprint in edit is logically in the footprint editor frame (so
theorically you could open more than one editor, a useful feature).

If the footprint is simply picked from a lib for edit is there a project
associated? Maybe the default 'noname' project?

It doesn't feel right to me having it tied to the project :P

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl