On 10/11/2014 8:02 PM, Mark Roszko wrote:
>> The reason I would like to do this is in
>> the not too distant future, I am going to convert all of our compiling
>> documents and the coding policy into markdown
>
> Any interest in doing this via Jekyll? It's basically meant to do
> markdown to HTML and one of the benefits is you can then get an
> kicad.github.io domain and display a website using a git repository.
> Github will automatically render using Jekyll on their end if setup
> right so you can style your markdown docs but render like a full
> website :)

Sorry about the confusion.  This is the documentation embedded in the
KiCad source files that is parsed by Doxygen and html files are
generated.  Doxygen also supports a limited subset of markdown which is
useful for simple documentation such as build instructions.  I also
created the developer's road map in markdown which gets built in to the
full developer's documentation.  The goal is to eventually convert all
of the plain text build instructions and any other relevant plain text
documentation into markdown and include so we have single source for all
of the developer's documentation.