> On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 2:27 AM, Marco Ciampa <ciam...@libero.it> wrote:
>
> What a nuisance that po4a does not recognize "include". Maybe we should
> submit a patch to po4a?  Otherwise my own preference would be to continue
> to use individual text files for chapters and to use other tools to glue
> them
> together before invoking asciidoc. UNIX systems usually have several
> tools installed which can do the job of stringing the files together (even
> most
> shell environments have such built-in facilities). MinGW/MSys would also
> have such facilities.
>
> - Cirilo

That po4a doesn't handle include is not a big deal and «not a bug but
a feature». I don't really see the reason to make it to support this.
Also there is one unpleasant consequence: you won't get the same
structure for translated document as for the base one. So, may be it
would be ok just as an option but not as the default behavior. After
all as for now we will get nothing from the patch being accepted
upstream because we will have to either wait till next release of po4a
or make all documentation users use an svn version (to be noted, also
we can supply our own po4a/asciidoc perl script with repository)...