On Apr 8, 2015, at 1:40 PM, Bob Gustafson <bob...@rcn.com> wrote:

> Application: kicad
> Version: (2015-04-07 BZR 5582)-product Release build
> wxWidgets: Version 3.0.2 (debug,UTF-8,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC
> 4.2.1,STL containers,compatible with 2.8)
> Platform: Mac OS X (Darwin 14.1.0 x86_64), 64 bit, Little endian, wxMac
> Boost version: 1.54.0
>         USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
>         USE_WX_OVERLAY=ON
>         KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
>         KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
>         KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
>         USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
>         BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
>         KICAD_USE_WEBKIT=OFF
>

> up or right SHIFT two finger drag moves the components up
> (horizontal drag seems to be less of an influence)
>
> This is good - up drag gives up components movement.

The direction of vertical scroll is configurable in the Trackpad System
Preferences. By default, the "Scroll direction: natural" option is selected, so
the scrolling is in the direction you move your fingers. That's the opposite of
what some users (like me) expect, which is for the scrolling to go the other
way.

Anyways, try changing that system preference and see if Kicad's behavior
changes.

-a