Sounds professional.

Bob G

On 04/24/2015 12:24 PM, Adam Wolf wrote:

For future things like this, what do people think of a webview that pops up on startup after checking a site for alerts?

On Apr 24, 2015 12:14 PM, "Carl Poirier" <carl.poirie...@gmail.com <mailto:carl.poirie...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    All installations need a local kicad-library, not just OS X. They
    are all in the same situation. The next OS X nightly will be good
    if you pull the latest kicad-libary for the build.

    Kerusey Karyu will announce the change on the users group on Yahoo
    to warn people. If anyone has an account and wants to forward my
    message before he does, feel free to do so.

    On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Adam Wolf
    <adamw...@feelslikeburning.com
    <mailto:adamw...@feelslikeburning.com>> wrote:

        Hmm.

        So the OSX builds use Github by default for footprints, and
        have symbols "baked in" at build time.

        Every OS X nightly build is going to produce bad boards, and
        there's no way to tell users to update or inform them about
        this change through the program at all.

        I really wish I would have known about this earlier.

        Adam Wolf
        Cofounder and Engineer
        Wayne and Layne

        On Apr 24, 2015 11:42 AM, "Carl Poirier"
        <carl.poirie...@gmail.com <mailto:carl.poirie...@gmail.com>>
        wrote:

            Hi folks,

            This is simply to warn you that all diodes in KiCad's
            libraries have seen their pin numbers swapped. This is to
            be in line with most other software and the IPC standard
            as well, which states that cathode should be pin 1. This
            work is courtesy of the newest librarian, Ricardo Crudo.

            If you are using Github libraries directly, the only thing
            you will have left to do is update your schematic
            libraries to the latest revision of
            https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-library before continuing
            your work. If you have a local copy of the footprint
            repositories, then when you are ready you will be able to
            pull the changes for both the schematic libraries and the
            affected footprint libraries:

            1. Diodes_SMD.pretty
            <https://github.com/KiCad/Diodes_SMD.pretty>
            2. Diodes_ThroughHole.pretty
            <https://github.com/KiCad/Diodes_ThroughHole.pretty>
            3. LEDs.pretty <https://github.com/KiCad/LEDs.pretty>

            Thank you for your understanding and sorry for the
            inconvenience.

            Carl Poirier