On Sat, 05 Sep 2015 18:37:52 +0200,
LordBlick wrote:

> I think it is unacceptable, in fact for user cvpcb is reduced to some kind of
> eeschema dialog, so it should be enabled in standalone mode too.

I already discussed previously about that on the list. IIRC there was
something about accessing the project fp-libs; eeschema however already
has access to the project (for a lot of things) even in standalone, so I
don't see where would the problem be. Didn't look at the code however,
maybe there's a tricky part somewhere...

> What stands in the way, to incorporate cvpcb as real eeschema part - omit
> asking
> about save in cvpcb and add OK (Saves results), Cancel(Abort) buttons to
> the UI frame?

For the user it already works that way... I'd say there's nothing
technical blocking a migration of cvpcb as an eeschema dialog... it only
needs (a lot of) time to migrate from a separate kiway-thing to an
internal part of eeschema.

Difficult to estimate without looking at the code, sometime in kicad
there are nasty suprises lurking when you think something would be
trivial to do:P (history teaches: the whole kiway mess was born from
eeschema and pcbnew using the same common library compiled with a
different value for the base unit, thus impeding a clean link)

Should be easier to keep it as a separate kiway-thing and enabling it to
work in standalone, a good compromise. Still ATM I don't have time to
work on kicad...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl