I have some suggestions and ideas after stable release. Sorry if I explain
them wrong, I hope not!

- Why KiCad depends on a practically dead project such as FreeRoute? It's
taken down by Zuken and even adds Java as a dependency, that's a major
annoyance.
* What about a similar plugin approach such as the defunct qautorouter?
* C-PCB looks promising too, maybe this developer would like some support
our contribute to KiCad in some way.

- What about remove *ALL* legacy code (in the UI stuff only?) and have GAL
only? Then remove cruft, debug, add missing features, optimizing and
provide some kind of faster software rendering.

- Please make selecting components and available footprints as easy as
possible: Fast indexed, advanced Octoparts/ ciiva-like  taxonomy. A list of
preferred footprints would be very helpful too

- KiCad Librarian and KiParts provides features missing UV the main
software.

- Are there some quality  analysts?