On 2/29/2016 2:57 PM, Sergey Borshch wrote:
> On 29.02.2016 21:41, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> Does anyone really think limiting hot keys to the currently
>> selected tool is a good idea?
> Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Really good idea is to make behaviour
> selectable.

Give me an example of the sometimes yes.  I'm not opposed to making the
behaviors selectable but I'm not terribly interested in writing the
current tool selected behavior because I would never use it.  One thing
that I think we can all agree on is that it ought to be consistent no
matter which behavior we choose.  As of right now, when the track, zone,
or component tools are selected, you cannot delete (or any other hot key
for that matter) any other objects except those of the selected tool
object type.  For all other tools, you can delete, move, edit, etc.
anything by hot key when those tools are selected.  So in that regard, I
don't understand why the track, zone, and component tools are treated
differently.  No wonder users get confused using KiCad.  We seem to be
all over the map in terms of the behavior of the currently selected tool.