Resurrecting this. Can we maybe consider adding another patch to wx into our
existing wx+OSX patch stack? It's really damned annoying. And of course wx
isn't going to fix it - yet another years-old ignored bug, they're clearly not
interested in fixing things like this. I regularly encouter bugs in their
tracker 6 years old or more, either completely ignored or falsely marked fixed,
still active today...

God I hate wx.