As a Linux user for many years now, that has not been my experience.
And sorry, but from one Linux user to another, even if that is the case,
that's your choice to live with. If you're going to install Linux on a
system where it doesn't work well, it's not our fault if you refuse to
get basic things like OpenGL working properly.