I'm with Heikki. I've been using the GAL canvas for a complex project. I don't really have time to learn the nuances of the interactive router; I found that highlight collisions kept it from doing stuff I did not want in tight layouts and I fall back to legacy for things like tweaking track nodes and when I get tired of dropped mouse clicks.

It's hard to articulate well, but I get the feeling that the interactive router is either based on a single companies layout culture, or, with the utmost respect for all the awesome hard work that's gone into it, the authors are copying features in other software rather than working with the needs and user stories of users that they are in contact with.

Not that the legacy canvas is a perfect interface.