There's some performance issue that's not just github, but related to
the footprint parse stage I _couldn't_ background due to LOCALE_IO
issues, which seems to run really slow on some people's systems. Some
subtle caching bug may be involved too. Eventually I'd like to untangle
all the LOCALE_IO stuff so parsing can be totally backgrounded but my
day job takes up way too much for me to get that done in a timely manner
currently.

I may improve this slightly before pushing - with the footprint section
simply removed, the layout of the dialog is a bit suboptimal, with the
symbol preview taking up valuable space that the info box could use. I
might have it populate the dialog with something more close to the
original layout when footprints are disabled.