Hi everyone,

I discovered some not consistent behaviour in the current stable release:
On the Legacy canvas you can display Value of the footprint by enabling Value option under Elements in the Visibility menu.
This is not true for OpenGL and Cairo canvas.
In the Nightly from 2018-01-02 Legacy shows the same behaviour as OpenGL and Cairo. There Value is only visible when F.Fab is visible.
This means 5.0 will show consistent behaviour over all canvases. Fine.
The same is true with References and F.SilkS layer.

What is missing with this solution is the possibility to be able to only display Value/Reference of a footprint as the current stable release Legacy canvas allows. (I really like this feature because it removes a lot of visual noise on the PCB during layout design).

I do think the behaviour of Legacy was always there, therefore my confusion with the Values and References not visible when switching canvases. Is there any chance that in future there will be an option (again) to toggle Value and Reference visibility independently from F.Fab and F.Silks?

Best Regards,
  André

PS: xkcd reference: https://xkcd.com/1172/ ;)