Tom,

I would prefer KiCad not be in the business of providing dependency
binaries.  I can't stop anyone from providing them but I would rather
developers focus on kicad development rather than our dependencies as
much as possible.  The whole point of removing all of the dependency
build code from v4 was specifically for this reason.  The amount of time
we were spending supporting this was significant.  I would prefer that
the projects provide their own binary installers or we do a better job
of choosing dependencies.

Cheers,

Wayne