I think used to do a “make install” inside kicad/build/.  But now it says it
doesn’t have an install target.  (And if I do a “make” that’s when I get the
OCE errors.)

“make install” works one level higher (in kicad/), but then spews out a whole
bunch of CMakeFiles directories as siblings to build/ which pollute my git
status.