Thinking more about it, we could probably auto-convert existing aliases to
inheritance when we read them in.  It would certainly be easier to support only
one UI (and the alias UI is problematic anyway).

Wayne sent out a proposal on the dev list a while back.  I know I read them so
they must have been sent out as PDF or Word or something, but the only links I
could find are for OpenDocument:
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg35233.html