Hello Wayne,

Am 16.07.18 um 20:20 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
> There is a fix for a bug[1] that I thought we had taken care that
> slipped through the cracks.  This really should have been fixed as part
> of the v5 release.  If there are no objections, I'm going to revert the
> v5 tags and version string and add this patch to v5.  Until then, please
> do not merge anything into the development, 5.0, or 5.1 branches.
>
> Jeff, unfortunately this will mean that I will have to overwrite your
> 5.1 merge work so all of the branches are the same.  I don't think this
> will be a major issue other than the hassle of having to merge your work
> again.
>
> Sorry about the disruption.

please don't do that, such things are a no go. Just do a new version tag
like 5.0.1. No serious OSS project does such things you are asking about.

You don't want to force other people to do work again once there is a
tagged version!

Once a version is out, well it's out! And he, what's the problem with a
new micro/patch version, they are exactly made for such reasons.

https://semver.org/

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert