Hi,

I do (try to) use most dialogs with the keyboard (limited sensation in
my fingers make mice and especially touchpads less useful to me).

Correct handling of focus, tab-traversal and so on is also important
for accessibility reasons, as well as being indicative of a coherent
UI in general. It's pretty annoying to be able to fill in almost all
of a dialog, but have controls fail to work at random.

Especially a dialog with multiple fields, you don't want to force
users to a "hover+key to invoke, type, move mouse, click, type, enter"
workflow, when you could have a "hover+key, type, tab, type, enter"
workflow - you forced a hand to the mouse AND back which should be
entirely avoidable.

Cheers,

John