Thanks Jeff and JP!

I really appreciate your time, both of you had to dig into the config file.

I generated a BOM!

The problem with the dialog is that it uses terms without defining them.  Like,
in the
purest sense, what is a bom plugin?

We are running an external program.  This is not really a plugin, since I can
run any
external program.  "Bom builder" would make more UI sense.

Then, why is the interpreted data that I am feeing to a python interpreter the
"plugin",
rather than python itself?  The *.py is consumed by python.  What if my bom
builder was
written in C++, then why do you want to "parse" this as your plugin, just to
throw a few
lines of text up in a dialog.  I am not a fan of this design.  The comments
that the
(plugin header parser) ends up gleaning could have been added to the config
file as fields
in the plugin records.

BTW, when do we get tooltips in wxWidgets on Linux?  Simple things like a few
tooltips
would have made this email exchange unnecessary. Obviously I have used software
before, so
when even I cannot use a dialog because of lack of clarity purpose, I'd say its
not a
shiny dialog.

There's some feedback, if any one cares.

Again, thank you very much for your time.

Dick