Hi Wayne-

This shouldn't affect users, only developers. Once the binary is built, there are no differences in requirements for running KiCad.

I would only push this to master and not 5.1, so that 5.1.3+ bug fixes will still build for 14.04 (which was supported when 5.1 was released).

-Seth

On 2019-07-05 14:30, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
Hey Seth,

Sorry about the delay. I've been wrestling (and loosing) with restoring a broken boot manager on my desktop after a bios update stepped all over
my uefi boot configuration (thank you HP).  I would like to hold off on
C++14 for a while.  I suspect there are users who prefer running older
linux distros for stability purposes.  I would rather not throw those
users under a bus just yet unless we have enough credible evidence that
it wont be an issue. I suppose we could always put it out there and see
who screams and undo the changes as needed.

Cheers,

Wayne