On 2019-10-15 11:57, Moses McKnight wrote:
On 10/15/19 1:41 PM, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
4) Single-line statements after if/else don't get brackets {}

Is that actually part of the kicad code standard?!?  Every standard
and recommendation I've ever seen recommends/requires the opposite to
prevent future errors (see for instance:
https://barrgroup.com/Embedded-Systems/Books/Embedded-C-Coding-Standard/General-Rules/Braces)

Moses

I should have expounded a bit more. Braces are optional[1]. They should be used to help to clarify code, intent or structure. In the patch submitted, braces were not consistently used for single-line statements. The ones that were used were not needed and added extra vertical space making reading the small function more difficult. This was the root of comment (4)

Best-
Seth

Seth Hillbrand
KiCad Services Corporation