On 27 Jul 2007 at 15:51, Robert Kondner wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  From my experience first "improvement"in EDA CAD would be web libraries
> which include
> purchasing info.
>
>  After/As I design a schematic I need to finish 3 tasks:
>
> *   Design the PCB
> *   Purchase the parts
> *   Assemble the PCB
>
>  Do I want to maintain a "World Class" library here in my shop? No, I only
> want to use it. But it
> needs to deal with the above 3 issues. Does the lib need to have 100% of all
> my parts? Not at a
> projects start but after I finish I should have 100% of the parts in my own
> local version of the
> library.
>
>  I did the code for aapcb.com so I know the assembly business well.
>
>  Anyone interested in the web library thing let me know.
>
> Bob Kondner

  I would be interested in seeing such a library.  When I start a new project
with KICAD, I create a new library with that project name(ie 995x).  Then as I
add parts to the schematic, I copy them from another library.  I use Field 1
for the part #(usually DigiKey) and Field 2 for the unit cost.  I am thinking
about using Field 3 and 4 for Mouser part #'s and cost.  Then I make the
footprint in the Module editor.  If you are interested, I could E-Mail a couple
of my libraries.

Dave - WB6DHW
<http://wb6dhw.com>