--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Does anyone have a tried and tested Kicad footprint for a 32 pin MLF
> package (as used by the Atmel Mega88) that they could let me have,
> please?   Atmel just offer general guidance ("since the MLF is a new
> package and the industry guidelines have not been developed yet for
> PCB pad pattern design"), and the last footprint I tried resulted in
> grumbles from the board assembler.   Failing that, if you have a
design
> that didn't work, I would be interested to know what it was and what
> went wrong.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert.

Hi,
I assume you are refering to the drawing 32M1-A on page 355 of the
datasheet? Why did you choose this package when a 28 pin DIP and a
TQFP seems to be an option.
I had a look at the guidelines at
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc3641.pdf
and it looks similar to ball grid array packages.
Sorry I can't help with a footprint, I would try a package that is
easier to work with if possible.

David.