On Saturday 12 April 2008 22:12:36 davidgrm wrote:
> Hi
>
> I dont get the value of SMD devices in the gerber file for the
> components silk. Any suggestions will be welcome
>
> Thanks

...  Which is absolutely normal.  -except for Tantal Electrolytic capacitors,
depending on the footprint size.

Normally, you have a very limited space available for the text and that means
that most designers prefer the database number instead of the value.

However. You can edit the layer manually BUT!

I do recommend changing the source of the information rather than changing the
output...

//Dan, M0DFI