Am Mittwoch, den 20.08.2008, 10:15 -0700 schrieb michael shiloh:

> Hi Lothar, Dick,
>
> I just joined this mailing list because I work at Openmoko and I want
> to know
> what FOSS is available for working with our CAD files and our
> schematics.
>
> I would also like to hear your collective advice and comments, since
> you are
> clearly the experts in this field.
>
> Currently the schematics are available only as PDF, but I imagine we
> would be
> willing to export them in a machine readable form.
>
> (The schematics, by the way, are simply in
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/schematics/)

Hi Michael,

I have tried the FreeCAD software to have a review to the CAD files. It
was reported in the openmoko list that it will be usable. But I tried
to compile the code. I have posted on their list a question to get
compiled the code on Debian PPC.

Here it would be interesting, if the schematics get converted, it also
would be interesting to get anyhow the CAD files converted to be used
with the KICAD 3D application.

I hope there is more in the igs than only the housing drawings. I mean
it would be good if the part's on the board used are in 3D available
too.

Lothar