--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "tom_iphi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in CVpcb I get a list of modules for each component.
> How can I find out for a specific displayed module, in which library it
> can be found?
>
> Problem: I have created a new module and I see it in CVpcb, but I
> cannot recall to which library I stored it. Now I need to edit it.
>
> Thanks, Tom

--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "tom_iphi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in CVpcb I get a list of modules for each component.
> How can I find out for a specific displayed module, in which library it
> can be found?
>
> Problem: I have created a new module and I see it in CVpcb, but I
> cannot recall to which library I stored it. Now I need to edit it.
>
> Thanks, Tom

There's a slightly less brutal approach too... ;-):

1.
To know in which .mod file a footprint is located, click the "View
selected footprint" in the CvPcb view (4th icon from the left with
KiCad version 20080825c) and select your footprint.

In the window that appears, you can see in the left bottom part of the
window to which .mod file the footprint belongs.

2.
To know in which library a component is located, see this thread:

With this nice utility, you can simply type in your component and
it'll show you in which lib that component is located...
Set the path to the KiCad library location and type in a device.  Once
selected, you'll see in the two right columns the highlighted library
and component (the background is grey, so not very good visible,
though...)

Hope this helps.

Best rgds,
--Geert