--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "dan.muted" <dan.mu...@...> wrote:

> Hi...
>
> I'm a new user to Kicad and am puzzled by this one. I downloaded the
> converted libs from http://library.oshec.org/ and used the lph-7366
> part. In pcbview the pads all seem to be joined up... like this:
> http://notapplicable.co.uk/temp/lph7366-pads.jpg However there also
> appears to be some faint red lines in the background behind the pads -
> can someone explain?
>
> Thx,
>
> Dan

Hi,
Instead of searching for why this is so it would be quicker to
edit/correct the module in the module editor. The faint red lines are
the limits of the solder mask I think. There should be a gap in
between two red lines that run parallel to each other. Just look at a
SOIC module in PCBNew for an example of this.

David.