Helllo,
On gerber generation, have you checked the "vias on mask" box?

Pedro.

> Hi,
> I have been working with several PCB manufacturers who usually complain
about the vias being covered with solder resist (I believe "tented" is the
correct term). When I generate the gerbers from KiCAD, I can see that no
openings for the VIAs are operated in the solder mask, which means that
basically the vias are covered in solder mask (green stuff).
> Is there an automated  way to make solder mask openings around all the vias
in the design (I mean, a different way than doing it manually for every via,
with zones)?

> I am familiar with the "Mask Clearance" setting under the "Dimensions->
Traks and vias" menu, but it does not seem to operate on vias.