From: kicad-users@yahoogroups.com [mailto:kicad-us...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Helms
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10.59
To: kicad-users@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [kicad-users] Libraries not appearing in lists

I am very new to KiCad, first thing I did was to modify an existing
microchip part and add the new part back into the same library; This went
well after a little trial and error. Next I created a new component
(Intersil) and added it to a NEW library with the appropriate toolbar
button. However when I go to place this Intersil component onto the
schematic, the library is not in the list, but when I look into the folder
its there [c:\program files\kicad\share\library\intersil.lib &
intersil.dcm]. I also noticed that there are a few other libraries in there
that have not loaded into the library lists. They do not appear in the
Library Editor list nor the Schematic Editor list[also these lists should be
alphabetized, is there any reason they are not?].

Thank you,