Hi,

I don't know why are you using a 2008 version. Try with
kicad-2009-02-16-final, last stable version.

In a very old version, about 2005, the 3D dislay problem was related with the
color depth stated in the system, 24 or 32 was needed. But now I think it is
not that case.

Pedro.

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm using KiCad version Build: (20080825c-final) on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04. I'm
also using PCBnew Build: (20080825c-final) on the same machines. Out of my 3
machines running the same OS, only 1 runs the 3d Display without crashing.
The other two crash the 3D Display by simply closing PCBnew. Are there any
files that I can look at to get an idea on what is happening?