The manuals are all under usr/local/kicad/doc or kicad/doc depending on
your OS. See section 11.11 in the pcbnew pdf file.

The help files are much more detailed than the tutorial, and they are
worth a read.

You can also access the manual for each program via the help menu, it's
the same file.

Don't forget that kicad is a multi-OS system, so whatever is done has to
work on both linux and MS windows, that makes things a little bit more
complex :-)

Also in the help folder there is footprints_doc which are printouts of
the provided modules. You can also access this from cvpcb

Andy