Hi,

I also had fun playing with this. I think if you use zero suppression this
confuses "smart software" which tries automatic format recognition. If you use
zero suppression you should always enable decimal point.

For my files I use 2-4 format, no suppression, no decimal, inches. This works
well with gerbv and GC-Prevue 7.0. With GC-Prevue 7.0 I need to manually enter
the drill sizes.

I also found it is best to use the auxiliary axis for both copper layers and
drill file, so they are both aligned in the positive quadrant at origin (0,0).