Hi,

I am another new user of Kicad and find it incredible, I have been struggling a
lot with other PCB cad applications and Kicad is the first one that I find to
be really user friendly, a big credit to the authors who are doing an excellent
job. I want to get more into Kicad so am spending a lot of time to learn
although its a slow progress.

Anyway, I have started to put together a design and created a footprint for a
component that I cant find in any library and would also like to have a 3d
model for it.

I am a bit familiar with 3d modeling but creating models is well beyond me, so
I am wondering/begging if anyone out there could help me with a bit of
modeling, to be very honest I am very crap with 3d applications like wings and
I need a model that is similar to a T0220_vert as in the libraries.

The model I need is for a PBV Precision Current Sensing Resistor, its like the
wider version of a TO220_vert model found in the Kicad lib but the PBV has four
legs instead of 3, to describe it, its like having two T0220s side by side.

Here's a photo
http://www1.conrad.de/xl/4000_4999/4400/4470/4473/447315_BB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

The pins pitch are
Pin 1 and 2 are 200mils apart
Pin 3 and 4 are 200 mils apart
The space between pin 2 and 3 is 300mils

What I am thinking is that the T0220 middle pin could be removed, then the
T0220 is stretched then another two pins added. How that is done in 3d apps I
have no idea and to be honest while learning wings could benefit later its too
much to take in while also trying to get my head around Kicad, also I rarely
use 3d apps.

Also, will I be able to add onto the board design the heat sink mounting bar,
should this be created as a component?

The heat sink mounting bar is actually nothing more than a flat alloy plate at
130mm x 5mm x 25mm that should also fix to the PCB design, on this plate I will
have 5 T0220s and two PVR resistors mounted.

Best Regards

Andy