I have similar problem with converting Orcad schematics netlists to Kicad PCB
and because it is only 3-5 components and ~15 pins, I modify the nelist file by
hand.
I know this is a workaround but it works and it takes 1-2 minutes.
Some components in our schematics use pin names instead of pin numbers and I do
not want to change them so that I do not mess up other schematics..
M.

---- Pedro Martin <pki...@yahoo.es> wrote:

=============
Hi,

The correct method is changing pin names on the schematic symbol or on the pcb
footprint, as you wish. What is important is to have the same name on both
symbol and footprint.

Pedro.

> I sketched up a circuit that used a 7805 regulator. The schematic symbol had
Vin, Gnd, and Vout for the pin names (and for the numbers, too).  The
corresponding PCB footprint had pins 1, 2, and 3.  These were all in the
standard installation libraries.

> I only noticed this since no ratlines appeared when moving the footprint
about.  My quick solution was to create a new symbol with the pins renamed to
match the footprint.