under Winxp SP2  Kicad RC5 runs with no problem

--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "dickelbeck" <d...@...> wrote:

> --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, Stanley Allen stanley_allen@
wrote:

> > I have a pretty high end PC running Windows 7 with Intel Core 2
Quad, 6 GB of DDR2 RAM.

> > Please let me know as a new user what version kicad I should
download and why.  I would rather have a more stable version but
understand the newer versions might be worth trying.

> > Do you recommend any particular download site?
>
> I strongly suggest using the latest RC (release candidate) for March
2010.  There will never be a more stable version than this if people
don't install it and say it is stable.  When that happens, it will
simply get renamed to "released", (not released in more stable form).

> If you find bugs, then they can simply be reported and will be fixed.
It is silly to dodge all the enormous new functionality in the March
2010 release.  The software has probably never advanced as much in a
single release.

> We think it is stable, otherwise it would not be named RC4 or RC5,
RC<n>.  It is up to others to tell us otherwise.