The SSOP17 package included with Kicad is close but slightly off from the
R-PDSO-G16 SSOP16 flavor that TI/BB shows for that part.

I'd strongly recommend picking up the CycleRecorder tool by Robert Fitzsimons,
linked from the 3rd party section on the wiki's main page. CycleRecorder really
does do a fantastic job of taking the footprint specs and creating a module
file that you can import into your local Kicad library.

Doesn't answer your question directly, I know. It's more in the manner of "give
a man a fish" versus "teach a man to fish" I guess.