Hi,

first congratulations to the developers - they are doing a great job and
made an impressive tool for the PCB CAD work. No to my problem/issue:

I made a board in KiCAD (version 2009-02-16). I can plot this board without
no problems into the GERBER format. The output is correct if checked with
e.g. GCPREVUE.

After upgrading to KiCAD 2010-03-14 PCBNEW freezes as soon as I start the
GERBER plotting. It creates a *.pho file in the directory which has a size
of 0 bytes. Without rebooting the PC this 0 bytes file cannot be deleted as
it appears locked by an application. However, using the HPGL plotting in the
same KiCAD version works perfectly.

Do you have any idea why PCBNEW is crashing?

I would like to upgrade to the 2010 version as there are a lot of
improvements especially in the user interface.

I am using Windows XP, SP3, English version.

Best regards,
Mirko